Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Saddam's Execution... just lock him up

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061227/hussein_061227/20061227?hub=TopStories

Well first, regardless of the crime I don't believe in capital punishment, so I don't think Saddam should be executed. Still, this guy's more than odious record speaks for itself. What's weird though is that it seems that the whole Iraq mishandling has taken away from accomplishment that is the removal of Saddam Hussein. I don't know where I'm getting this from, but Saddam's execution might be quite significant, negatively or postively. I just feel that some people are gonna sympathize with him simply because the Americans carried out an ill-advised war on fake pretences. On the other hand, his execution could be the final nail in the proverbial coffen. Unfortunately, the former scenario seems more likely. Let's hope for the best.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with most of what you have to say. That Saddam was removed was a good thing, and I also have a sneaking suspicion that this will be largely ignored, simply because the Americans were the ones to remove him.