Wednesday, December 27, 2006

John Edwards Running Again

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/27/D8M9FD900.html

Wow. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Edwards was my favourite during the last race, and in hindsight he seems like he would have had a better chance. However, I'm not sure if he lost his opportunity with all the star power that's expected in this nomination race. Furthermore, I'm not sure if he's better than the rest. Still, I wouldn't be sad if he ended up being the DNC presidential nominee because I don't think Clinton can win. I think she would unify the right and anyone slightly leaning right faster than God and 9/11. As for Obama, he does have a lot of promise but he's young and seemingly inexperienced, but I don't think that's what will hold him back. As a black man, I don't think the US is at the point where they would elect a black president, but Obama shouldn't let that hold him back. I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Edwards, who I believe is from the south, is the least polarizing figure of the announced or expected nominees so far, and I think the swing voters who might be centre right would be more comfortable voting for him rather than Clinton, and likely rather than Obama. The latter isn't categorical. Still, I'll wait for the race to progress more before I make any declarations. I'd say Edwards or Obama for now. I wish Hilary could be it simply for the sake of having a female president, but I don't think she'd be able to persuade misinformed or biased voters. We'll see!

No comments: