Friday, July 27, 2007

RegGAYS

Keith Boykin has a pretty interesting discussion going on here. This subject is so loaded because there are factors of differently cultural mores, economic infrastructure that would allow a middle class to hold a government accountable (hence be more agressive in protecting the minorities), religious influence, etc etc. I'm already long winded enough and tackling a subject like this would break records, so I'm just linking to it. Of course, this is more that valid, but I guess the another perspective that I would like to add is that you can't really analyze a culture from outside. Well, maybe you can, but you could do a way better job with an insider perspective. That's not really a value judgment on the validity of anyone's argument, but that kind of perspective would be paramount in getting anything done. I feel I'm being a bit ambiguous. Go read.

No comments: