Monday, November 5, 2007

Here and there

Just a couple of things I've been noticing over the past few days...

I remember last Liberal leadership convention, Chretien said something in his speech to the effect of opposition parties don't win election, governing parties lose them. It's not word for word, but you get the picture. Well, I wonder how M. Chretien would rate Harper's handling of Mulroney's latest episode. I hope he keeps a firm grip on that ball.

Next, Stockwell day not advocating for Canadians facing the death penalty abroad is abominable. There's respecting sovereignty, and there's disregarding Canadian lives. I don't think this is really an issue of respecting sovereignty because it's not like the Canadian government is organizing some secret escape or military mission to achieve their goals. However, I do think this is an issue of having no regard for Canadian citizens because if a citizen were being tortured in a foreign land, we would act. Well, I think the death penalty is a pretty severe form of torture don't you? Exactly, it's beyond.

A lil happier.. new Kinsella site looks good. It's almost crossed over to so official though, but that's what people were asking for I guess.

No comments: