Thursday, June 19, 2008

This Shift is Bananas

I haven't had the opportunity to go over the Green Shift that was finally announced by M. Dion. So far, by the leaks and the little I've read on the nice website, they've definitely started off on the right (or should I say left - I kill myself!) foot.

Some nice quotation I like from Dion's kinda preamble message:

"Some have said that nobody would have the courage or the political will to do what we believe is right. We need to do it. We will do it."

Very poignant. Puts forth the needed idea that he's a man of substance, and not just politics. That's a good comparison compared to the PM.

"In the coming weeks and months we Liberals look forward to speaking with Canadians and asking them to join a growing coalition. A coalition that crosses party lines and will move us beyond outdated notions of what it means to be right- or left-wing."

This second one I think is very au courant.. kinda post politics. I could see Obama saying something like this (because he has). Regarldess if it's accurate, it's a good message.

I'll take a closer look at this shift later.

No comments: